Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Young & the Restless Views: Adam Newman

Mark Groosman as Adam Newman



Where did it all go wrong?!  Victor wasn’t supposed to die!  All I wanted to do was render my father incapacitated long enough to take over Newman Enterprises.  I just wanted to take his company!

Adam collapses and hears his mother, Hope’s voice:  “Adam, what have you done to your father?”
Signy Coleman as Hope Adams


“Mother?” Adam says in his dream.

“Son, I raised you better than this!” Hope said scornfully to her son.

“I’m sorry.  it wasn’t supposed to happen like this.” Adam pleaded.

“What has happened to you!” Hope questioned.  “You had it all—a loving wife, a beautiful son!  And then you ran over that sweet little girl!”

“Do you need to remind me that I killed Delia Abbott?!” Adam asked his mother.  “It’s bad enough that Chloe tried to kill me several times!”

“I know you can do better.” Hope told her son.

“I’ve tried, mother.  I’ve tried.”

“Not hard enough.”

“How can I when everyone treats me bad?!”

“You know what to do.  I have faith in you.” Hope said before fading off.

Adam woke up startled that it was all a dream.  Somehow he had to make his mother proud of him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment