Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Days of Our Lives News Update: Kristian Alfonso Is Out as Hope

After nearly four decades as a part of Salem, Kristian Alfonso is exiting the role of Hope Williams Brady, a role she assumed in 1983.

The actress confirmed her departure in a statement she posted on Instagram, saying the following "Days of Our Lives has been a part of both my personal and professional journey.  I am forever grateful to NBC and the late Betty Corday, who took a chance on me many years ago and changed my life...I feel blessed and honored to have been invited into people's homes for over three decades.  However, it is not time for me to write my next chapter.

"I will not be returning to Days when it resumes production in September," she added.  "I've already filmed my last episode several months ago."

In February, we learned Galen Gering also taped his last episodes.  Gering's Rafe was married to Hope for a short time and the two seem to be getting closer of late.  Does that mean they will be written off together?

Alfonso rose to daytime fame when she debuted as Hope in 1983 and was paired with Peter Reckell's Bo, who died in Hope's arms in 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment